Monday, December 8, 2014

My First Post

I am hoping to make this a regular thing and post to my blog regularly.  I have been inspired by other bloggers over the years and particularly "Runs for Cookies".  I hope to be as successful in my weight loss as she has been.

I just turned 38 and need to lose at least 100 lbs.  I have set a goal for myself in 2015.  I am going to walk/run at least 1 race per month.  They will be a minimum of 5km, with the hopes of getting to Melissa's Road Race 10 km in September of 2015.  The 10 km course of Melissa's doesn't allow walkers, as it can't shut the roads for that long.  My only goal with that race is not to be last and to not have the tunnel mountain hill kill me.

I was out for a walk this evening, did 3.7 km.  Started off pretty crappily, as I slipped and fell just a few feet from my front door.  Hurt my knees, but continued on.  All the sidewalks were slippery, so it didn't lend to a fast walk, to say the very least.



So that's my first entry, of hopefully many.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.