Saturday, April 15, 2017

Diet Bet

So, I've joined a DietBet.  DietBet, is where you bet an amount of money, in this case $30.  You then have 28 days to lose 4% of whatever your starting weight was.  If you lose the 4% of your weight, you and whomever else also lost that amount of weight split the pot.

This DietBet started on April 11 and runs to May 8.  So this is now Day 5.  I'm already down 4.6 lbs.  I am on Day 3 of drinking no soda.  I have tried to replace it with Dasani Naturally Flavoured Sparkling Water (lemon flavoured).  Don't get me wrong, it's nowhere near the same thing as drinking Pepsi, but I think the fizziness is helping alleviate any cravings so far.....I'm very surprised that I'm not craving it (maybe I shouldn't have written that, it'll probably jinx me)


I went for a walk yesterday afternoon, after work.  It was a bit breezy out, but sunny too.  Kind of the perfect day for a stroll.  Did most of the circle in my neighborhood, including a stop at Tim Hortons for some tea.  Then walked through the school yard on my way home.  


4.34 km, not bad!
Worked today too and the weather was much less nice than it was yesterday afternoon.  It was really blustery, as I left the hospital.  The farther NW I drove, the gloomier I got and by the time I was really close to home, it was starting to snow.  I debated the whole drive, about whether I was going to go home and nap or do what I should do and go out for a walk.  Took me awhile to convince myself, but I finally got changed to go out.  It was starting to snow even more by then, so decided on just a trip to Timmy's instead.  Took the shortcut there and the wind was starting to pick up and the snow falling a bit more.  After I got my tea, the snow was starting to fall faster and the wind was blowing it straight into my face.  Had no choice, but to head home......
Me, my spotted glasses and my steeped tea


Didn't go very far or very fast, but despite the crappy weather I was glad I'd made the effort to go out.

I have started using MyFitnessPal again too.  I'm on a 5 day streak!  Didn't do so well the first 2 days, staying in my calorie goal, but things have been better the last 3 days.

I guess that's all for now.  I wouldn't get your hopes up about when my next post will be

No comments:

Post a Comment